2012年11月30日星期五

Victorian Maiden, I Love You, But

I was browsing through different brand sites, looking to see if there are any new releases and I saw a very beautiful lolita dress.


I think it's a really nice dress, however, I can't shake the feeling that I've seen the print somewhere before..

Aha! I'm sure many people are familiar with this Bodyline dress. I sort of like it myself, and would have bought it already if it wasn't for the halterneckness (is that a word? Well, it is now. You saw it here first!). The print is very similar, if not, exactly the same as the new release by VM. The difference?


Okay, it's really obvious that they're completely different dresses in terms of construction, and it's likely that VM's fabric quality is of much higher quality. I know that a lot of brands just buy fabric instead of designing every square millimetre of their clothing. It makes me wonder though, do brands ever bother to check what their competition is stocking? Perhaps they did, and said "Hey! That's a nice print! Let's do it our way!" and to be fair, the VM one IS more appealing.

I'd love to see if the Bodyline dress could be reconstructed, and I'd try it if I could. Is there enough fabric? Hehey, there's one way to find out!

To an untrained eye the dresses COULD be mistaken for each other, and it would be sickening to have a dress mistaken for something that cost less than a return ticket to the capital.

At the same time...

(Hey! I forgot to wish you all a Merry Christmas! *headdesk*. Hope you all got nice things! I'll probably make a New Years post, if I'm not busy with general merriment.)




没有评论:

发表评论