2013年2月16日星期六

Lolita aspirations for 2013

I think everyone has already looked at the past year and wondered: what they have done, and what they hope to accomplish. I haven't really done that. Overall, last year was an experience. I think i've done so much i haven't done the previous year, and so much has changed within our local communities.

That being said, my perspective for lolita is always changing, and this year will be a year of very big change. For the past few weeks, I was really considering on leaving lolita and keeping maybe one or two full pieces just in case (for events or to have as a backup).

Though after talking to certain people, I soon realized, the reason I'm not as happy with my closet, is because it is filled with experiences, not dreams.
I know that sounds weird but a lot of the dresses I made were for events, because I had to have something new, or because i have worn my previous items a certain amount of time. I didn't find this selfish or spoiled, because I did put a lot of labor into my work.

So I came to the conclusion, that this year, instead of leaving lolita and creating a more mature look in my everyday fashion, I can clear out both my closets and rebuild it in a way that I can create both a mature casual wardrobe, that can be incorporated into a more mature lolita look. Such as the Ball Gown Graceful Red Gothic Victorian Dress. I'll probably discard many of my older pieces and replace them with new items that reflect myself in 2013. I think i'll probably be a bit strict on it, and only make garments i want to make for myself, because I will feel happy in them.

I think that's why many of us joined the lolita fashion. I wanted to feel like a living doll, and feel that "lifestyle" that the fashion constantly promotes. I was never really tooo into the whole fancy tea party super rococo-esqe styles. Though I do like it, but as I have mentioned many times before, I really wanted to get into more classic/country styles and have that sort of aura.

Will I be discarding everything sweet?
probably a few items but not all. I know sweet items can be worn in more subtle ways. Also I know i'll have a day where I'll just want to be super pastel, sweetie cakes and its a good thing to have.


I have already gotten started by sketching future projects. I think a lot of my pieces will be skirt with suspenders, but with different prints. I looove suspenders in lolita. Its not as popular but i think its cute, geeky and oddly humble. I'll probably do some jsks when I have time but probably not till after March...

I've been browsing some colors and themes, and even prints i'm interested so hopefully you'll see some of them come to life in a garment.

没有评论:

发表评论